SS Eats: Hunan Taste - Sensible Stylista

SS Eats: Hunan Taste

If you're looking for good Chinese food in the DMV area, you need to check out Hunan Taste STAT. The one I go to is right next to the H-mart in Ellicott City, Maryland, but they also have a location in NOVA (aka Northern Virginia). I'm definitely one of their regulars.  I like to grab a quick bite or get takeout after picking up groceries from the asian market. It's definitely the best Chinese restaurant in the Baltimore area.  I've been going there for years now, and I've never had a bad experience!
I went there recently with a good friend of mine to get lunch, and we ordered Mushroom Tender Green (stir-fried bok choy + shiitake mushrooms), Stir-Fried Lamb (thinly sliced lamb stir-fried with cilantro and sliced hot peppers), and Diced Chicken with Chilis and Nuts (chunks of white meat chicken stir-fried with hot peppers and nuts) to share.  As always, all three were delish.  Heads up though, their grub's definitely on the spicy side. They incorporate quite a bit of hot chili oil into their dishes so if you have trouble handling heat, avoid entrees that have peppers pictured next to them on the menu.  
Also, please, please, PLEASE order from the authentic Chinese menu.  I swear to god, if you order General Tso's here, I will hunt you down and smack you, ha!  Ok, ok.  I won't do that, but you have to promise me that you'll try something new here.  If you need help figuring out what to get, no need to sweat, I got your back.  Here's what I recommend:

Boiled Fried Fish (very spicy)
Chinese Mapo Tofu
Diced Chicken with Chilis and Nuts
Eggplant in Clay Pot in Garlic Sauce (solid veg. entree)
Sauteed Chicken with Ginger Sauce 
Mao's Braised Pork with Brown Sauce
Mushroom Tender Green
Tea Tree Mushrooms with Pork
Stir-Fried Lamb
Also, they give you unlimited rice, hot tea and starters (peanuts + pickled radish/celery/carrot mix) for free. The restaurant's super clean, and it's always bustling.  The waitstaff's very attentive, and service is hella quick.  Take my word on this one and head on over ASAP!

2 comments

  1. All of the dishes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add it to my list, Chinese food in DC proper is horrible! Need to get out to MD more often!

    ReplyDelete